Summer: June 2– August 10 (application deadline: April 20)
Fall: September – December (application deadline: July 1)
Spring: January – May (application deadline: November 1)
Spring and fall internships require a minimum commitment of two days a week, with the number of hours depending on the department’s preference. Summer internships are full-time, Monday - Friday.
Students must be eligible to earn course credit through their university (credits are based on specific requirements established by each university).
While the internship is unpaid, there is a pro-rated weekly stipend and MetroCard reimbursement. Academic credit can also usually be arranged through interns’ university*.
*Please let AKA know what stipulations are included in your intern program and if anything would be required of us ahead of time so we can plan accordingly.
AKA offers its interns many opportunities, which may or may not include the below:
- Department 101: An inside look at each to see how each contributes to the agency.
- Vendor Tours: Organized tours with vendors with whom we regularly work.
- Show Tickets: Occasional tickets to shows are offered to employees depending on availability from clients/vendors.
- Summer Pitch Project: During the summer, students will collaborate on a project to put together their own pitch from start to finish, utilizing the information given to them during their internship at AKA.
Please send the following materials below to be considered:
- Cover letter (Please specify which department you would like to be considered for within your Cover Letter)
- List of any relevant coursework
- Academic/professional letter(s) of recommendation (not required, but definitely a plus)
AKA’s Internship Program is highly competitive. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Submit your details
Please email your intern inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org